Hope for Africa Zambia offers internships to students in many of our offices around Zambia which allows them to stay with local people and learn Zambian traditional and culture.Placements range in duration from 12 weeks to 3 years in which HOFAI get work permit for students who wish to stay longer. What’s constant everywhere is the hands-on experience you’ll get working in one of the Zambia’s leading Christians Non.Profit Organization. Come and be part of a team at Hope for Africa Zambia which is part of Hope for Africa International that’s working to create better futures every needy people in our society.
Volunteers for Zambia 2017
Job Title: Intern Fundraisers (06)
Location: Lusaka and Mumbwa, Zambia.
Reporting to: Country Director
Hope for Africa International (HOFAI) is a Christian NGO established in 1990 and work with Communities in Women empowerment through self-help, education support to Orphans in Government and Community Schools, Voluntary counselling and testing service and Disability programmes through Centre for Disability Development Research Law and Policy (CDDRLP) . HOFAI in Partnership with CDDRLP plan to build two Rehabilitation Centres in Chongwe and Mumbwa to provide counselling and rehabilitation services to families and persons with Disabilities.
Reporting to Country Director, you will maintain and design fundraising strategies for two projects, contacting churches and other partners such as companies, individuals and families willing to support the vision.
• Ensure proficient execution of designed programs and activities.
• Plan, execute, manage and implement fundraising strategies in consultation with the Country Director.
• Recruitment of local and International volunteers for the projects and sharing the vision with partners or Donors.
• Carry out planned activities, set up meetings and schedule site visits to the project areas.
• Take responsibility and accountability for the performance of fundraising programmes.
• Assist in the preparation projects budget for the centers.
• Identify opportunities for continuous support to targeted clients and training of support teams.
Experience & Qualifications
• Minimum Bachelor of Arts in Social Work or any Social Sciences
• Minimum (5 years) experience in project writing and fundraising from Local and International Christian Organizations.
• Management experience and a combination of both Grants and Basket support will be added advantage
• Committed Christian with recommendation from the Church
NOTE THAT Non Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are not resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
or visit website on www.hfa.za.com or www.hopeforafricausa.com or www.cddrlp.net
Start date: March. 20, 2017
End date: March. 20, 2018
Estimated number of hours per week: 30
Location(s) of internship: Lusaka and Mumbwa, Zambia
Will the intern be receiving a stipend? Yes
Will the Intern travel? Yes
Internship project background and aims:
This internship is designed to provide practical work experience to Christian students or recent graduates from Colleges and Universities around the world. The intern fundraiser will work together with the Country office team in Zambia and will be mentored by the Country Director. The intern from outside Zambia will be provided with accommodation within communities and work permit for the period of the project and will work on a variety of activities and tasks related to sourcing of funds and Administration.